Wednesday, 10 September 2014

I'm alive. And kicking.

I deeply apologize. My last blog wasn't the most exciting - all about the gloomly rejection.  

Good news! I feel great. I finished up the dreaded prednisone burst just last week. 

Have I talked about that before? What prednisone does to you? Even on lower levels? 

It's gross. I became an eating machine. If your name was food, I was all over you. Chips. Let's talk about chips. A lot of people say they can't just eat one. The crusty-lunger I used to be was never like that. I had trouble getting through most meals. 

Chips. Oh chips - my enemy. I love you and I hate you. I love you because you are delicious. I hate you because I now eat the entire bag. 

Oops. Seems I got off track. 

That whole rejection thing didn't throw me off (well maybe a little - but let's keep that between you and I). I did the meds. My lung function is back where it should be and I'm concentrating on being healthy. 

Or...at least I'm trying. Carbs and calories - I hate you. 

The rest of the summer was super busy with the boys and baseball. Jake is actually playing a baseball tournament this weekend - he's awesome and has such a passion for the game. 

I got so caught up in regular life that I didn't update. I know some of you were worried and I really am sorry. I think sometimes I forget that people may still read this thing. That people are amazing and that they really care. 

Trust me guys - I wouldn't be this cool without you. 

I've definitely been struggling with some things. There are people I care about who are struggling with things, which makes me very sad and feel very helpless. 

I wish I could take sickness away from people. I realized the other day that this is how my loved ones felt about me when I was sick. I feel the helplessness. 

It sucks. 

On the flip side, I've been continuing with my talks, sharing my story. I've been fortunate to do a few with Shinerama. 


Super weird - I have the same outfit. 

At this moment, I'm in the blood lab. I am late going. Should have come over a week ago. I guess a part of me didn't want to get anymore bad news. BUT, that being revealed, I'm okay. I think things are going to be great. 

Well...they will be when I get some freaking coffee. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy and relieved that you are ok!!!!! Sending tons of positive thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read your post today! Was getting a little worried. Glad you are enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, such great news, you're living life, LARGE!! Pants can be mended!! Take Care. Continued healing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you information displayed, opened my insight.



    asuransi jiwa

    ReplyDelete