Sunday 15 September 2013

UNB Shinerama

Last weekend Brad, the G-man, Jagnation and I packed up and drove to Fredericton.

We were reunited with my lung buddy Gramps (Carman) and Pamela. As soon as we drove up, there smacking me right in the face, was a bag of Cheesies.

There's a reason I love those two.

The boys were on their best behaviour:



While on the transplant list I would often imagine what it would be like for Gramps and I to be back in the Maritimes - healthy.

Well it's beyond what I could have imagined. It's unbelievable. I can walk up their stairs and not puff for one single breath. I walked the boys all over their neighbourhood and didn't strain for energy nor air. The four of us went to the market and around the city and there was no hint of any health issues for either of us. NOTHING.

Minus the u-hual of meds we drag along.

We are healthy. It's amazing. I am so grateful.

That Saturday morning we went to UNB. Yup, that's right, we were enrolling Gramps in univeristy. Frosh week - woooooooooooo.

In reality, I was asked to speak to the frosh on Shine Day (like at SMU). It was great! The campus is gorgeous, the students were pumped and they even gave me a kit bag, including a Shinerama t-shirt (and you thought I was cool before....).

Here I am just being cool and stuff:

Devan - UNBSU Orientation Vice-Chair

Sporting my organ donation greens.




And while touring around the city, we kept running into them doing their thang.


I'm so proud of these guys. UNB raised $16,850!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Jess, just awesome!! Still following your blog and love hearing how you help spread the word about organ donation. You & your new lungs look beautiful, btw!

    ReplyDelete