Saturday 24 November 2012

Tall Blonde - meet Gravol

Day 4 & 5

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day. I rested and then I rested. When I finished that, I rested some more.

Somewhere in between all of that, mom and I set off searching for the Starbucks that's accessible without entering the great outdoors. Egad, not the city streets!

We made it, as I'm incredible with directions (also I have a homing device to Starbucks), and just waited a few seconds for someone with a badge to let us through the bridge to the other building.

I walked, which is crucial to staying off the heparin, but it felt like I was trudging through quicksand while tied to missile going the opposite way. 

I probably won't be attempting that walk again any time soon.  

My feeds decided to annoy the hell out of me last night. I felt something wet and cold and, once again, discovered that they had leaked. I stumbled to the bathroom and switched out the adapter (the tube that connects the feeding bag to my stomach) and all was good in the world again.

Mom and I played games this afternoon, while I sipped on the tall blonde she brought me. They might as well go ahead and install a Starbucks kiosk outside my hospital room; I'll keep it in business.

I skyped with the Hamiltons tonight and explained to Carman that the woman in the background was not my mother, but his wife. Yes....he was looking at his own screen. I think it's clear that he and I both need our lungs really soon...we simply don't have much brain power left to lose. Carman, I say that with love...and a crap load of laughter.

I also skyped with Jamie tonight:

Go ahead - figure out what she's holding

Kristy (fellow crusty lung'er) and her fiance Derek came to visit today. She brought me pajamas! It was nice seeing them, but I definitely wasn't me. I was hopped up on gravol and could barely get my eyeballs to open any further than tiny slits. Plus, I sorta don't feel good. I wonder if the fact that we were in a hospital gave that away?

Her dad picked them up and brought me a tall blonde. Seriously perfect.

And then....

I spilled half of it on my bed. Also, I was on that bed. So half of that half went all over me.

It's not my fault, I'm high on gravol.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jess, sounds like you are a sloppy drunk on gravol lol. I can feel your impatience with this bug but you gotta let the drugs work their magic. Lockup will soon be over, Christmas just around the corner and Brad for New Year's Eve. Count your blessings little one. Linda D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it's given through the IV, so it's pretty nuts. I have to admit I have been a bit impatient with this one and with Christmas coming it's getting harder and harder, but I smacked myself in the face today and I feel much better.
      Too many good things in life to let a bug or distance get me down!
      Love you!

      Delete
  2. Im thinking if they fill the feed bag with tall blonde solution you could just walk around the room at night, high on caffiene!
    Thanks for the techno lesson and for introducing Carman to me (oft forgotten wife) LOL
    That was a great laugh, except for the part where you were waving the phone around violently while you coughed, giving us a spinning tour of the floor, ceiling, bed linens, floor, ceiling, bed linens, floor, ceiling, bed linens, - whoa!

    Hugs, Pj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sounds of that. (The tall blonde thing.)

      Sorry for the spinning tour ;)

      Delete