Friday 24 January 2014

Friday's fabulousness

Those little white blood cells are coming out to play! 

These beautiful, and thoroughly enjoyable, injections they've been giving me the last three days have nudged them awake and peaked their interest. 

Interesting to note that it is the same injections given to cancer patients. Remember how scared the C word makes me? Well, in this case, it doesn't. 

Docs think it may be the meds given to me for a virus I had (found in December) that scared off the white blood cells. I've now had two big fat negatives for the virus, so that cute pink pill can possibly be stopped. 

Just waiting on the transplant gods from Toronto to give the word. Then we wait and see if that does the trick. 

THEN the disco ball drops, the glitter splashes all over the halls, music busts from the speakers, the whole world rejoices and I bust outta this amazing shack-a-lack. 

The tonsil that was swollen up larger than planet earth has taken to eating carrots and has slimmed down. 

My throat doesn't hurt so much today and the pills didn't scrape like a jigsaw going down. Yay! 

The canker - for all you canker fans - is healing. Likely the slowest healing canker in the history of the world, but hey, it makes eating such a pleasure. 

In other news, I had a pick up day. I feel much better about things. I know I'm in the best place possible and the docs will always have my back and be saving my life. 

Dramatic? 

Not at all. Life post-transplant - anything can happen. I'm learning that being pro-active about my health doesn't make me a little boy crying wolf, or a complaining freak. 

I just want to live. I want to honour my donor. And my donor's family. 

I want to use these fantastical chunkers to dance, laugh and make no sense all, over the place. 

I want to advocate the hell out CF and organ donation. 

Annnnnd I have a certain Canadian Transplant games this July. 

Gold medal babeeeee!!!

Thanks to some awesome visitors today. Completely made my day. Lockup is so much better when people come see my glamorous hospitalized self. 

I'm sure my hair looked stunning. 


2 comments:

  1. Just received the link to your story. First congratulations on your transplant, you are one of the lucky ones. I agree with you on preaching the heck about organ donation, I do it all the time. Although I have no idea who you are, for some reason the way you speak and find humor about your circumstance reminds me of my daughter who also had CF she was an amazing human as most CF patients are. You seem to have a zest for life unmatched by any other. Your positive attitudes and the fact there is very little why me, poor me or it's not fair amazes me. My daughter (Miranda) went through the entire transplant program and was accepted but 2 days B/4 we were to move to TO she passed away. Did I mention she was the most amazing person ever. She touched more lives in her 22 years on earth than most people who live to be a million. She is gone 12 years and I still have people who come up to me with "Miranda" stories. She loved life and the people in hers with her whole being. I've enjoyed reading your story and hope there will be more. I know it seems at times there is no end, but as my 66 year old CF friend reminds me no matter how crappy the day seems you can always find 1 or 2 things that are better than before. Please take care there are people you don't even realize who are rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to write me. Your story is inspiring and your daughter sounds amazing. I'm so sad that she didn't get her second chance at life. I'm sure she influenced a ton of people and made them stop and think about organ donation.Thanks again for writing; you gave me a sense of peace.

      Delete