Saturday 2 February 2013

TransplantLand Games Night & A New Babysitter

What's better than a bunch of post-crusty-lungers, current crusty-lungers and a boatload of support people getting together?

Getting together with food and games.

Less & less of us are waiting for lungs; problem - some ARE still waiting

This was my first games night sans oxygen. No offense oxygen, but I don't want to hang out with you anymore; in fact, my life is super fantastical with out you. I won't be sending you any "I miss you" or "Thinking of you" greeting cards any time soon, but please know that you served your purpose and I am grateful for that.

This was also my first bbq chicken pizza experience - WoW. YummY. Some advice - try it. Delish!

A few pics from the festivities:

This may be evidence of me trying to steal the entire cheesecake
Pamela
Adena
June
Carman
It was a really good night; only problem was that at the end of the night the scores weren't added up, so no winner was declared. However, I'm sure you will all agree that I won, right?

 ---------------------------------------

Last night was June's last night with me. So we decided to go wild. We hit up a movie. Being Friday night, I thought it would be packed, so I recommended we go early.

There was a grand total of what? 15 people in the theatre.

Crazy I know. Could barely get a seat.

We shoved popcorn down our throats while staring at Hansel & Gretel. I may have spent a few scenes watching through my scarf - cause we all know scarves are great for protection from evil.

Today was the 'changing of the babysitters'. Although, with these new chunkers, my babysitters are having a hard time keeping up with me.

I've been very emotional since transplant (I blame it entirely on the drugs) and got all teary-eyed saying goodbye to June. Once again someone leaves my condo and I'm not going back to NS with them. Soon though! I have to keep my eye on the prize. I need to stay focused, and continue working hard on my recovery, so that at the 3 month mark I get the heave-ho out of TO.  

June, thank you for staying with me for a month, it meant a lot. The month zoomed by, we had tons of fun, made lots of memories and have lots of stories to tell.

Lindsay is back. This time for 2 weeks. She has no idea what she's in for; this is the new Squeegee.

3 comments:

  1. My heart is sad to say farewell to June (for now) and it truly goes out to Lynds who is completely unaware of what she is in for.

    WARNING: Squeege can now walk, talk, text and breathe all at the same time! Without coughing!
    HINT: She is still easily distracted.

    Welcome Back & Good luck Lynds

    ReplyDelete