Monday 31 October 2016

The engagement

December 24, 2014.

The day my future became certain.

Christmas Eve - Christmas being my absolute favorite time of year, the time when the world seems brighter, people seem nicer and the big red dude shows up (he obviously has a lot of clones, cause the man literally pops up everywhere. Mall, nursing homes, schools, even my house when I've been more nice than naughty).




I've always loved Christmas Eve, except this particular day changed everything. This was the day he put a "ring on it". Brad proposed, along side the 3 boys dropped to one knee - still 6' tall - and said some beautiful words and said he wanted to make me a Lawlor.

Of course you're wondering about my reaction. I'm still wondering. I have no idea what happened to me. All I know is that Brad got me good. He really got me good. I was literally speechless. Stunned.

I didn't even answer!

Perhaps my toungue was ripped out, or I suddnely lost the ability to talk, or maybe I just didn't see it coming. I didn't think he was ready. We had a house to buy first.

But nope. He had a wife to secure first ;)

Christmas Eve 2014. The day I said yes to my tall, dark and handsome.


No comments:

Post a Comment