Saturday 3 May 2014

Balance

Brad and I went to Spider-Man last night. Imagine our surprise to see this guy show up:

Totally normal. 

Speaking of normal, my life is getting back to that. I went back to work on Thursday. 

Now I need to figure out how to balance work, Brad, my work outs, my running training, the dogs, my social life and in June - the boys. 

Oh, and I need to ensure that I still have time to hang out with celebrities, travel the world, write more surgery manuals and just be cool. 

I will need to constantly remind myself that work is not my only priority. I guess I could just slap my face when I get out of control. 

The workouts with the Organ Grinders have been awesome. Hard, but awesome. Every single time I'm pushing myself. 

This morning during a run/walk I had a "moment". I was staring at the birds flying all over the place above my head and it hit me that I WAS RUNNING! 

What?!?!?!

How is this possible? I couldn't even fathom this 1.5 years ago. I could barely get across the street. If there weren't 20 seconds on the crosswalk left, I would wait for the next one. 

Remember the granny shuffle??

Now - I'm running! 

Ok, so maybe it's more of a jog. But does that really matter? My legs are moving. My heart is pumping. My chunkers are circulating oxygen like pros. 

I have to be careful not to start bawling in the middle of my run, cause that would just be crazy. I mean, I wouldn't be able to see.  

I've also registered for the Canadian Transplant Games. Eeeeek!!

I'm up for 5 events:

1. Double badminton - with Gramps
2. Long jump
3. 100m race
4. 100m relay X4 - with 3 vet cool chunker recipients
5. 3 km road race

Now I officially think I'm nuts. I did 2km this morning and wanted to die. 

I've been saying that I don't care if I come in last place; that I just want to do complete it.  

But, if you've read any of my blog, you know that's crap. Every bone in my body is competitive. I can't change that. It's a part of me. My donor was likely the same way, cause these chunkers are definitely competitive. You can tell these things, you know. 

I want a medal!!!!! 

I want a medal!!!!!

Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment