Thursday 7 February 2013

IVs over; Gaga begins

I visited my squat squad buddy Mark yesterday. He's in lockup fighting his own lungfungled battle.

However, the true battle was between our drinks of choice:

His may be taller, but mine's tastier!

We told lies for awhile, had some laughs, were reminded of the miracle of transplant and then I headed out for another round of monster IVs.

I had the same nurses again which made me happy. It's nice to have some smiling faces during a not-so-fantastical procedure. No, it's not painful, but who seriously wants to deal with rejection?

It's just a narsty word.

However, I've had more than one transplant friend reach out to me and let me know that they've been there, done that and came out on top. So, I guess we're all superstars at the end of the day.

It's just another reminder that transplant is not all sunshine and rainbows (not that I've ever had that particular thought) but that it is a treatment with it's own set of obstacles.

But hey - there's no enemy I'm not ready to spar with.

I'm all about living and breathing into the future.

Here I am on day 1 of the monster IVs:

Slightly stunned
And here was me today:

Realizing what's important
I was a bit late for physio today and therefore missed strutting my junk on the treadmill. I did the bike - pounded that one down and was able to complete all the stretches and weights. People are keeping a wide birth of me now...they are getting scared of my humongous muscles.

Proof of the terror

I've kept mum on a HUGE freakingly super cool thing Linds, Pamela, Shilpa and I are doing tomorrow night. I've let Linds in on the secret, so now I'll share it with you too.

I'll give you a few hints:

Telephone
Just Dance
Poker Face
Papparazzi
Born This Way

If you're still stuck.....

Air Canada Centre + Lady Gaga =


OMG!!!! Lady Gaga concert!!! I can't freaking wait! It's going to be nuts!

She will likely call me up on stage to do a duet, so I will record it for you all and post it.

However, I may not be able to control myself; I may accidentally kick her off the edge of the stage so I can ride that out solo.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. WOWWE There,s no tyeing this girl down. Jess you keep on amazing me,LADY GAGA ,that would be a concert i would want to see. You,Linds Pam &Shilpa go rock that concert girls,have a great time & forget about that nasty word & please keep us(ME)up to date on how it went. Love Forever And Always Aunt Heather xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! I will be going too! Which night? I'm going Friday night! If you spot Asian girl in wheelchair wearing O2. That's meee!! Say HI! I will totally recognize you too (in a non creepy way)! YAA GAGA!
    -Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot unicorns. Sunshine, rainbows and unicorns...

    And I'm jealous of the Lady Gaga thing!!! I think she's in Chicago over Valentine's Day...

    You take care, Jess - I'm proud of you.

    Love, Steve

    ReplyDelete